Best Cable Modem, right? When this keyword comes in our mind, what happens first then?
“Fees,” of course! Being a US citizen, You’re familiar with this word like me. lol
We have almost covered with these modems. But Buying one is not that easy task, and I know you are tired paying monthly fees for these modems, same as I used to do until I purchased a new cable modem at the beginning of this year 2019.
Now, it is the time to eliminate rental fees and let’s save up to 120 per year.
Here, I’ll take you through this article, sharing my experience and let you know what exactly happening in the market and what people are looking for?
So, Without wasting any more time let’s see what those best cable modems for 2020 are. What and Which things Make them better than others.
How to identify which is the best cable modem? What are the considering points to look for before buying?
Take a look here for 5 most important points before buying any cable modem.
Is your modem compatible with your internet service provider? Compatibility is the primary factor that should be on top before buying any cable modem; this is an important thing to know that a modem which you are looking at will work with the services you are paying for.
If your ISPs provide DOCSIS connection, then DOCSIS 3.0 should likely to work with it because DOCSIS 3.0 modems are certified to work with any DOCSIS-based connection.
Before purchasing anything in the world, price always matters and it will. But it depends too, How? Let me clear, suppose I am an ordinary guy who only wants web surfing then does it make any sense buying a high-speed cable modem with great features. You got my point here. Just pay for a device which you can use properly and could use all its features.
You are saving 100 dollars per year by simply eliminating rental fees. Wow, that’s great, but what, If something goes wrong with your modem.
So, It is always better to have a modem which comes with at least 1-year warranty and if you get two years warranty then what will be better than that.
If you are buying something, then design matters a lot. Make sure you buy a good looking modem or buy according to your home interior. Keep this factor in your mind too.
Speed depends on channel bonding and cables (DOCSIS 3.1 or DOCSIS 3.0). It is good to have a modem with at least 16X4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0 cable.
If you are a heavy gamer or want any fast, you should go with 24X8 or even faster 32X8 modem with DOCSIS 3.1.
Here are the 3 top-rated cable modem routers combo reviewed:
1. ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 Modem 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem- Retail Packaging
I give the first position to ARRIS SB6183 Cable Modem on our list. I tested it, reviewed it, and did everything that I could do to identify that is it worth buying.
Now, the answer is Yes, without reading this entire article, buy it.
Motorola made this modem to support all the major ISPs in the USA, Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum Internet and more.
Let’s talk about its features, specs, and performance of this cable modem.
1. DOCSIS 3.0:
Supports the latest version of DOCSIS which is DOCSIS 3.0 and can give you ultra-fast speed.
Comes with 16X4 channels it means 16 Download and 4 Upload channels because it utilizes DOCSIS 3.0’s power, which provides download speed up to 686 Mbps.
The company gives you two years of warranty if something goes wrong with it, take their support and call them up.
1. Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum cable, Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse, Cox, etc.
2. 16X4 channels and with its fast DOCSIS download speed, there will not be any difficulty to take HD video streaming and of course online gaming.
3. It supports the latest internet standard IPV6 and old IPV4.
1. Unfortunately, doesn’t support Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink.
Surfboard SB6183 can quickly enhance your personal media experience. I use this cable modem, and I didn’t have any problem with this so far.
So, I will recommend this cable modem to all. Arris SB6183 is going to be a winner in this list.
2. Motorola 16×4 Cable Modem, Model MB7420, 686 Mbps DOCSIS 3.0
Model MB7420 is first runner-up cable modem in our list. Motorola has worked great making this modem. Therefore this modem is fully certified by all major ISP’s in USA including Comcast internet XFINITY, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Brighthouse. Why we took this modem on our list? Well, read this review and see, why?
1. DOCSIS 3.0:
MB7420 supports DOCSIS 3.0 means 16x times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 can efficiently provide speed upto 686 Mbps.
The 16X4 channel’s performance put this modem on top of the line, 16 data channels that carry data from the internet.
Comes with the fastest 4x Gigabit Ports for a high-speed connection.
Using its quick start guide makes installation very easy and fast with a few immediate steps.
The product is backed by two years warranty and comes with lightning and power surge circuits for additional protection.
1. Beautiful and compact design, it can look good in any home or office.
2. You have two colors options black and white, choose according to your house interior.
3. Ethernet ports to connect a computer, game station, HDTV and wireless router.
4. Easy setup with a few steps.
5. USA-based customer support by Experienced specialists.
1. Compared to Arris SBG183, this MB7420 is little bulky.
I would recommend this cable modem not because it looks good and has an attractive design. MB7420 modem is best of all for any modem user. In this price range, Mb7420 cable modem is our first runner-up on our list.
3. NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem (CM1000-1AZNAS)
Netgear CM1000 is very powerful cable modem on the earth. Netgear has taken this modem to another level where no other cable modem can reach.
It supports or compatible with all the primary Internet Service provider in the USA by now. So, there was not a chance if we didn’t include this on our list.
Let ‘s take a quick look at its great features and performance which make this cable modem very powerful.
1. DOCSIS 3.1:
Netgear used the latest version of DOCSIS cables which is DOCSIS 3.1 Ultra-high-speed cable provides high internet connection with speed up to 6 GBPS.
Also, it is the first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem which was certified by CableLabs and 10X faster than DOCSIS 3.0 + it has Backward compatibility to its older version DOCSIS 3.0.
2. Channel Bonding:
Channel bonding can be a significant factor while deciding the best cable modem. Netgear knew it pretty well and introduced this cable mode with highest channel bonding till now which is 32X8 + OFDM 2×2.
Now, you can enjoy your ultimate and optimal 4k Ultra Hd video streaming and online gaming with its fastest download speed whether on peak hours.
Certified with all ISP’s in the USA including (Comcast XFINITY, COX. Mediacom, Suddenlink, etc.). You need to talk to your service provider for additional information.
1. it is using the latest technology.
2. Can easily work with both DOCSIS 3. 0 and 3.1.
3. Ultra Hd 4k streaming and optimum online gaming.
4. Supports all internet speed tiers up to 1000 Mbps.
1. Sadly, it is not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink and also bundled voice services.
If you have a high-speed internet connection or if you like doing ultra-hd streaming and playing huge HD games online, then this cable modem is a great option for you.
- Fabathome, Cable Modem’s guide, A Product Review Website
- Tom’s Guide, Analysis on Cable Modem, Leading Gadget Review Website
- thewirecutter, The Top Cable Modem List, Wirecutter is a product review website
- Lifewire, Setting up your home network , Lifewire is a technology information and advice website
- Pcmag, How to Get the Top-Rated Cable Modems: Buy or Rent From Your ISP?, PC Magazine is an American Technology Website