How to access modem? Let’s Read Complete Guide
Accessing a modem is not that difficult. There are few things that you should know before accessing a modem or log into a modem.
Here, I’ll let you know how easy it is to login into a modem or a wireless modem.
Most of the companies also provide you installation CD or setup CD with the modem.
But, What does this installation CD do?
Well, This CD lets you login into the modem. Generally, the CD has some data of its default ip address (you can see this default ip address on the back of your modem).
When you open this CD, then you will see your browser automatically opens a specific page with the IP address like (192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.0.2 etc.). This IP address is your modem’s default IP address.
Now, come to the point.
Okay, when you enter this default IP address on your browser’s address bar and hit the enter key, then you will be asked for the credential or login Id, password of the connected modem.
And this login ID and Password can be seen on the back of your modem. Now, you know what is next. Enter this ID, Password and you are done.
So, let me clear these steps one by one.
- Find the default IP address of the modem or wireless modem which will be available on the back of your modem.
- Enter this IP address on your browser’s address bar.
- Check ID and Password which can be found on the back of your modem. By default ID is “root”, and password is “password”.
- Now, Login with Id and password.
- That’s all.
If you have an Arris wireless modem then how will you change its Password?
Question: How to change the password on an Arris Wireless Cable Modem?
Easy, follow these steps:
- First, You need to open your computer’s web browser.
- Now type the IP address “192.168.100.1”.
- Hit Enter Key, and you will be redirected to the home page of Arris Modem.
- On this web page, at the right, there will be a wireless tab and click on that.
- Now you will be asked for a username and password of the modem. Here are username and Password.
- you will see there an option called “preshared key” inside security settings. Now, it the time to change the password. It is better to write down that changed password.
- Now reboot your modem.
- That’s it.
Some Necessary things you should do after login into a modem.
First thing, Change your modem’s login Id and Password. It is essential because we can’t rely on default ID, Password.
So, better we change it and enter strong Id, Password there.
If you have a wireless modem or router, then you should change the wireless security or Password of the wifi modem.
What if you don’t have a cable modem or a wireless router? Lol, I have already written an article on “How to choose the best cable modem“.