So, you finally acquired a CenturyLink router, and you’re looking to set it up.
Well, you’re in luck.
Here I will talk about your CenturyLink Router’s login and resetting its passphrase. Resetting your router is a typical troubleshooting step for network expectancy. Besides, it is a simple step to starting over with new settings on your network.
Resetting your gadget will delete all the personalized settings, including the Wi-Fi password and the username. Furthermore, this is something you should be sure you want to do before initiating.
How do I change my password, you ask? Continue reading to find out more:
How To Log In To your CenturyLink Router and Change its Default Password?
Do you need to login into your router but don’t know how to go about it? I’m here to help. My comprehensive guide will explain in detail how to access your CenturyLink router login.
When you log in, you will get into a variety of network commands that make your network secure and customize it as well.
What’s more, I’ll delve into how you can change your CenturyLink router’s default password.
Let’s get started!
- The first step is to log in to your router. You can change the Wi-Fi password on the web page. Open the page by logging into your router. You must find your default Wi-Fi password if you don’t have one.
- The moment you access your router, explore the following places; Click on the wireless setup, choose either 2.4GHz or 5GHz, and Go to wireless security
- Change your password – on the screen, and you can create a new SSID or Wi-Fi passphrase or network key.
- Save the changes – upon setting up the latest Wi-Fi details, save all your changes, and test the new Wi-Fi linkage.
Resetting Your CenturyLink Router
Unfortunately, sometimes you can change the Wi-Fi password and forget it. So what are you supposed to do?
Don’t fret; CenturyLink routers usually feature a default password that you can utilize by following the below instructions.
You should perform the 30-30-30 steps as follows;
- Once your CenturyLink router is switched on, press the reset button and hold for half a minute.
- When still pressing the reset button, disconnect the router’s power and continue holding the reset button for an additional 30 seconds.
After this, your router is supposed to be reset to the original factory settings. Now, you can begin customizing the settings according to your preferences.
Default Login IPs For Your CenturyLink Router
At times you require your router’s IP address to switch security settings. Most users do not know the IP address of their router. Typically the IP address is inscribed at the back or bottom of the CenturyLink gadget.
On the other hand, it might not be written here or in the user manual; but there is a way to get it. Usually, the default IP for CenturyLink is 192.168.2.1
What If You Cannot Access Your CenturyLink Router Without A Default Password?
In this situation, you need to ensure that you followed all the reset directives to the letter, as the routers are always supposed to go back to their original settings once rebooted. If not, there is always a chance that your CenturyLink router is spoiled and might require to be replaced or repaired.
When you are given the option to choose between 128 and 64 bits, follow these instructions;
- 64 bits requires you to enter a passphrase with ten characters
- On the other hand, the 128 bits option needs you to have a password with 26 characters
These characters should only be letters from A-F and the numbers between 0 and 9 without spacing.
In other situations, the custom password MUST:
- Have at least 8 to 63 characters
- Feature at least one figure between 0 and 9
- Contain a minimum of one letter between A and Z
HINT: you can utilize the space character, though it is not a requirement. Read more about Password ideas.
NOTE: if you accidentally forget or lose your passphrase, you can log in to the Wi-Fi security menu and opt to use the default password. This way, you will change the password back to the default one inscribed on the router.
Having a new CenturyLink router is a fascinating experience, considering it is easy to use. Hopefully, my guide has helped keep your internet presence safe.