xfinity Router Modem login Made Easy: Let’s do it step by step
xfinity modem login? Guys, before we go through this article let me know few things which I guess, you would have done.
First, check that you are connected to the network. If yes, then open the browser and type there into the Address bar an IP Address “10.0.0.1”.
If this IP address doesn’t work for you, then read Comcast manual to get modem’s default IP Address.
Note: If you have Netgear’s router then you’ll need to visit this website http://www.routerlogin.net or IP Address “http://192.168.1.1”.
If everything works correctly, Then follow these two easy steps one by one in order to log in to a Comcast Xfinity router, and you are done!
- When you hit enter after typing Ip Address 10.0.0.1, you will be landed on a page called “login page”.
- Enter your Username and Password in input fields of the Login form. By default Modem’s username is admin and password is password.
- That’s all.
The second question which comes in our mind is:
How To Change My Xfinity WiFi Password?
Well, After following above steps, you can change your password by clicking on “Change Password” option. You can find this option at the top of the panel.
Another Way of changing the password of your Comcast modem is that you need to download Xfinity my account App.
Follow these simple steps:-
- The first step is to Login to the app.
- After login, you will see there is an option at the bottom of the screen called “Internet” to access the Menu page.
- Then click on Change Wifi settings.
- Now enter your current name and password there, once name and password have been entered, save it.
- After performing these above steps, you will see a message which states that “Your gateway is being Updated”. It takes about 2 minutes.
After changing username and password successfully, you have to enter this changed username and password to all your previously connected devices.
Let’s see how we reset this Xfinity modem or router.
- On the back of the Modem, you will see there is a reset button, just press and hold the button for at least 15 seconds.
- Now release the button and let the router reboot.
If you are planning to buy a cable modem but don’t know which one is best, then you should read this article which was written a while ago.
Also, I explained how to access cable modem through this article.